The words and possibilities I will wake up to this week and beyond…
And this of course is Aragorn’s sword Anduril, Flame of the West, re-forged from the shards of Narsil, given to me by Viggo Mortensen. Now, this has nothing to do with the metaphor - I just want to remind everyone that I have this.
Originally from Someday We'll Shine Together
Originally from Pleated Jeans
WHAT IS THAT THOUGH
They’re mints and I’m loling so hard I love her
And then she just tries to hide them, not knowing that the camera got the whole thing xD I love this girl
omg her reaction is priceless
Originally from let it go
the bullshit hades had to put up with in this movie….can’t really blame him
Originally from All Things 90s
nani was NINETEEN and such a fucking badass who was so protective of lilo and just ROLLED with aliens being a thing towards the end of the movie. #1 Disney relative of all time.
I have honestly been waiting AGES for the right gifset to express the wonderful perfection that is Nani. She is not only protective of Lilo, she respects the way Lilo’s imagination and quirkiness works.
Pudge the fish got a peanut butter sandwich every Thursday. Nani does not argue the logic of feeding him, only suggests an alternative sandwich when they are out of peanut butter. Lilo was allowed to take as many photos of whatever mundane or odd subjects as she wanted and Nani would get them developed. Nani recognized what were important habits for Lilo.
When Lilo asks for a pet lobster, Nani does not tell her that lobsters are not pets. She tells her, “We don’t have a lobster door, we have a dog door.” She makes sure the woman at the pound does not tell Lilo that “Stitch is not a real name”.
NANI SPENDS THE ENTIRE MOVIE MAKING SURE THAT LILO NEVER FEELS LIKE HER IDEAS ARE WRONG.
The only time we truly see Nani get angry with Lilo is when she is scared of Lilo being taken away. Nani spends the entire movie stressed out over taking care of her sister, trying to find a job, trying to make sure her sister has a friend, and yet she is always willing to put that extra effort, over and over again, to make sure that Lilo always believes that anything is possible.
Originally from a dream is a wish your heart makes
Neil Gaiman’s Advice To Aspiring Writers
- "If you’re only going to write when you’re inspired, you may be a fairly decent poet, but you will never be a novelist — because you’re going to have to make your word count today, and those words aren’t going to wait for you, whether you’re inspired or not. So you have to write when you’re not “inspired.” … And the weird thing is that six months later, or a year later, you’re going to look back and you’re not going to remember which scenes you wrote when you were inspired and which scenes you wrote because they had to be written."
- “The process of writing can be magical — there times when you step out of an upper-floor window and you just walk across thin air, and it’s absolute and utter happiness. Mostly, it’s a process of putting one word after another.”
- “You have to finish things — that’s what you learn from, you learn by finishing things.”
- “If you like fantasy and you want to be the next Tolkien, don’t read big Tolkienesque fantasies — Tolkien didn’t read big Tolkienesque fantasies, he read books on Finnish philology. Go and read outside of your comfort zone, go and learn stuff.”
- “Tell your story. Don’t try and tell the stories that other people can tell. Because [as a] starting writer, you always start out with other people’s voices — you’ve been reading other people for years… But, as quickly as you can, start telling the stories that only you can tell — because there will always be better writers than you, there will always be smarter writers than you … but you are the only you.”
- Camera: Canon EOS 30D
- Aperture: f/5.6
- Exposure: 1/60th
- Focal Length: 42mm
Originally from Zelda Reed
one of the best moments in the simpsons
Originally from adventure monkeys
Why just deal with the little annoyances of life when these awesome life hacks exist?
Originally from PSYCHOFACTZ.
Originally from Abarero @ Tumblr
he’s making it hop
Originally from ♥
I’ve had rainbows in my clouds.
Her face in the fifth gif…I’m sobbing.
I’ve seen her speak and say this in person. So powerful
Originally from Lime Basil and Mandarin
This is a very important message for young people everywhere
The Hobbits approve
Originally from They laugh. If only they knew.